Durham, NC, United States
Oct 24, 2020
Our client is seeking an Oracle EBS / ERP Database Administrator (DBA) in the Durham, NC / Cambridge, MA.
Candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of database administration including patching, configuration, autoconfig, database & version upgrades, capacity planning, backup and recovery.
- Responsible for evaluating patching requests, communicating constraints, issues and timelines for deployment.
- Serve as a technical lead, Database Administrator for Oracle core databases including supporting non E-Business Suite databases.
- Being able to recover systems from Disaster for Deployed systems.
- Support change management including maintenance across multiple environments and deploying approved patches.
- Support security/SOX Audit Reporting and provide input and recommendations.
- Provide production and operational support including pro-active database monitoring, issue resolution and on call duties.
- Support Database / Oracle 11i & R12 E-business suite optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
- Manage and work through Oracle's (Service Requests) SR escalation process, applying software patches and upgrading the Oracle Applications environments.
- Provide leadership for DBA Projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in database design, administration, or maintenance.
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures.
- Experience working with database creation techniques.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Excellent Experience & knowledge working with Oracle Exadata & Exalogic platforms
- 5 years Oracle E-Business DBA on multiple instances.
- 5 years IT experience.
- 5 years of hands-on experience on UNIX Based and Linux OS platforms.
- Knowledge in all major versions of technology stack including Database, iAS, Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Java, Enterprise Manager, SOA, WebLogic and JVM.
- Hands-on operational expertise as an Oracle DBA, with technology including RAC, SSO, DataGuard, High Availability and Backup/Recovery.
- Expertise with Oracle EBS 11i & R12, including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the related databases.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, Oracle quarterly patch installs
- Expertise in performance tuning across the entire stack.
- Knowledge of Oracle maintenance/patching mechanics and EBS architecture.
- Can demonstrate history of solving complex problems across multiple modules.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - verbal and written.
- Experience with Markview, GRC & VCP is a plus
- Experience with upgrading EBS database to 12c , load testing and Encryption at rest desired
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is a plus.
- Experience with AutoConfig and TDE (online tablespace migration)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and expertise in knowledge of Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Cluster Ready Services (CRS), Parallel Concurrent Processing (PCP), Oracle Grid Infrastructure & RAC (Real Application Clusters)
- Experienced programming skills for database management and general software is a plus.
Minimum 5 years
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a high-growth IT staffing firm, with headquarters in Dublin, Ohio and with offices serving the Columbus, Detroit, Boston, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Hartford, Los Angeles, Tucson, San Francisco, Denver, and Cleveland metropolitan areas. We have a staff of over 780 associates and have experienced growth while remaining profitable.
Compensation can vary depending on experience and capability, plus benefits which include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, and 401(k) with match and IMMEDIATE vesting. Our benefits package, in this day and age, is superb.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: ****and/or navigate to our Careers page.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: